Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Why Mr. Hobbes, That is a Thinkery!

Maybe not a furnace, maybe not people as charcoal, but it appears I am teaching my young wards that angels are about to engage in an all-out war with God (Marisol), dead children come back for visits (Beloved) and that those we kill haunt us (Neon Vernacular). I feel Mr. Hobbes breathing on my neck and whispering,

"If this superstitious fear of Spirits were taken away, and with it, Prognostiques from Dreams, false Prophecies, and many other things depending thereon, by which, crafty ambitions persons abuse the simple people, men would be much more fitted than they are for civill Obedience."

Wait, Mr. Hobbes, wait. I promise these youths will learn how to further the good of the Common-wealth . . . by "taking-out" God, not killing children, and listening to the voices that have a claim on us.

Tomorrow: What Mr. Hobbes Might Say about the WWII analogy as a tactic to fight terrorism throughout the world.

No comments: